Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: I'm Back!

Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm Back!



Hey everybody! And by everybody I mean all two of you who actually read this blog. I'm back! I know I said I'd be back in a week. Two weeks ago I was away in Kentucky on a mission trip. The night I came home my girlfriend fell and hurt her ankle. It's a small break but a bad sprain. I spent all week with her last week helping her out so that's why there were no blog posts last week. She is recovering well. In fact, she went to the Purple Door arts and music festival with me this past weekend. We saw bands like Anberlin, mewithoutYou, Deas Vail, Seabird, Farewell Flight, and a few others.

The mission trip went well. We accomplished a good amount of manual labor as well as spending time with the girls at the Hope Hill school. Some of the people who came on the trip shared stories about their lives, we did arts and crafts with them, and had some recreation time with them playing basketball, softball, and throwing water balloons at each other. We spent hours making hundreds of water balloons and they were all gone in less than ten minutes!

I'm still looking for a job, but I have experienced so many things this past month that I could not have experienced had I been working. I was able to help out by taking pictures at VBS (Vacation Bible School), I went on a mission trip, and was able to be there for my girl when she needed me. So even though I'm not working, I've been pretty busy for the most part. I'll talk more about Purple Door and my trip to Hope Hill later, I just wanted to update everyone (both of you) as to what's been going on the last two weeks. I also need to finish up talking about my past jobs in the Work, Work, Work, Edition (WWWE).

1 comment: