Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: Crazy Day!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy Day!

Tuesday morning started out just like any other normal day. I usually help out by taking Gabe to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help April out since she has to go to work earlier than normal on those days. I also had to go to Paris Uniforms to take a drug test before I could begin my new job (read my last post about my new job) Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong! I think they should rename Murphy's law to Lewis's law. Here's how it all went down: As I got ready to take Gabe to school I realized that I had locked my keys in the car the night before. I had used my air compressor to inflate Gabe's basketball and his bike tires. No problem though, I had a spare key in my wallet so I used that to open the car doors. Then I go to turn the key that's already in the ignition to find out that the key had been in the "on" position all night. The car's engine wasn't on, but the key was turned just enough to use up the battery. So I called April to let her know what was going on. She told me Gabe had a field trip that they had to leave for at 9:15am and it was already 8:40am...AHHHHHHH!

Fortunately, my friends Jesse and Natalie live close by. So Gabe and I walked to their house. Natalie opened the door after just waking up and offered us a ride to Gabe's preschool. As we neared the pre-school, I came to the realization that I left Gabe's backpack in my car which contained the money and permission slip for the field trip...AHHHHHHH!

Fortunately, Gabe's teacher allowed me to write a permission slip for him there and sign it and she said we could get the money to her later. Natalie took me back to my car and we tried jumping the battery. After a half-hour and many tries later the car just...would...not...turn...over...AHHHHHHH!

Fortunately, Natalie offered to give me a ride to Paris Uniforms so I could get my drug test done. She kept telling me to look on the bright side because she must have sensed I was getting a little stressed by now. She said "Look on the bright side, at least you don't have to get a pacemaker." (I was actually referred to a cardiologist about getting a pace maker at one time, I mentioned it in this post.) We arrived at my destination and I told her that she didn't have to wait for me since I didn't know how long I was going to be there. I went in and I was only there for about ten minutes, and I didn't have a ride home...AHHHHHHH!

Fortunately, I gave my friend Gary a call. He just happened to be working nearby and he was on his break. He picked me up in one of those little 4x4 utility vehicles which looked a little like this:

...except it was green. He drove me to where he parked his Bronco and let me borrow it. He told me a few good places to get a car battery. So I went and got the battery, took the old battery out of my car and put the new one in. I had never replaced a car battery before so all I could do was pray I was doing it right. After I finished I sat in the driver seat, closed my eyes, said a little prayer, and turned the key...AHHHHHHH!...I mean...VROOOOOOOM! It started!

So that was my crazy day. I think we need days like this once in awhile, but not too frequently. And did you notice, for every "AHHHHHHH!", there was a "Fortunately" in this story. I feel blessed to have some great friends that God has placed in my life. Tuesday would have been rough without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment