Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: Christmas Video Countdown Part Seven

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Video Countdown Part Seven

Ok, I'm gonna wrap up this Christmas video countdown today. I'll do #24 and #25 since I shouldn't be wasting my time on the internet on Christmas day. I'll be wasting time with my family instead...I mean spending quality time with my family. Before we get started I just want to talk about the whole "Merry Christmas" vs. "Happy Holidays" controversy. A bunch of other blogs I read have mentioned it as well and I agree with what they say. I don't think it matters what your holiday greetings happens to be, what matters is where your heart is and what your motivation is when you say it. If you say "Happy Holidays" because you are being friendly, that's fine. If you say "Happy Holidays" out of spite, that's not fine. Same thing goes with "Merry Christmas". If you say it, fine. But if you say it after someone has told you "Happy Holidays" and you reply with an arrogant "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" that's not fine. So here's a video that I found amusing that kind of deals with what I just talked about.

#24) Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas:



I don't think the problem lies with certain religions, systems of belief, lifestyles, etc. I think the problem happens when people of certain religions, and systems of belief try to force others into doing things their way. Plus there are always going to be people who just want to argue about things and they'll always find a way. This time of year seems to be the time those people tend to get loud and voice their opinion openly. Look, if you celebrate Hanukkah, then celebrate Hanukkah. If you celebrate Kwanzaa, then celebrate Kwanzaa. If you celebrate Christmas, then celebrate Christmas. If you don't celebrate anything, then don't celebrate anything you party-pooper...just kidding.

I accept however people want to greet me. If someone wishes me a Merry Christmas, great! If someone tells me Happy Hanukkah, right on! If another person tells me "Have a kickin' Kwanzaa", awesome! If you have found something that you believe in and you want to share it, go for it. That's why I'll continue to say Merry Christmas because I believe in Jesus Christ and what he taught us and what he came to do for us. I want to share that, but I'm not going to force it on anybody. If someone has a problem with me saying it, then that's their problem, not mine. If I tell someone Merry Christmas and they reply with any other kind of friendly greeting besides Merry Christmas I will be thankful for that. I feel like I'm repeating myself. But anyway, to wrap this up, there is a little boy named Linus who sums up what Christmas is all about. Remember you don't have to watch it and you don't have to agree with it. I'm just saying this is what I'm about, this is what I agree with.

#25) Linus and the true meaning of Chirstmas:



That's what Christmas is about. It's about the birth of Jesus Christ. I think the best way to celebrate Christ and celebrate Christmas is to spend quality time with friends and family. To love and help the needy. It's not so much about the gifts, even though it's nice to give and receive. It's definitely should not be about stressing out, because if you do, you're missing the point. Sometimes this time of year can be depressing for some people and that's understandable. We need to reach out to those people. We need to be a light to the world. Some of our lights have dimmed, I know mine has at times. But let's do our best to make our light shine. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Christmas, Merry Holidays, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Hanukkah, or whatever you prefer.

BONUS!) I found this clip while searching for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and I had to share it:

No comments:

Post a Comment