Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: Freakin' Funny Friday ~ Oh, the INHUMANITY!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Freakin' Funny Friday ~ Oh, the INHUMANITY!


I don't consider myself to be an animal rights activist. I like animals and I don't want them to get hurt, but I also don't go around spray-painting fur coats or adopting every stray cat I see. But there is one thing I saw over at Jason Boyett's blog last December about airbrushing poodles. I decided to research the strange things people do to their pets and I found myself in a deep dark place of animal costumes, strange animal fur-dos (hair-dos? fur-dos?), disgruntled cats, and people that just really need to get a life. I'm going to give you a look now at some of these disturbing images.

First check out this blog post called 16 Preposterous Products for Pets. I've always wanted to take my goldfish for a walk.




I admit that when I was a kid my stepsister and I would put a bib on our cat. The bib said "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice" and we thought it was the funniest thing in the world when the cat would walk around the house looking humiliated while wearing it. Seriously, I think cats are the only animals that get embarrassed. So the next thing we'll look at are some pet costumes.



Did his owner think that dressing him up as a giraffe would make him feel taller and more confident? I don't think it's working.



I said I wanted to just "be" myself for Halloween but you obviously didn't understand what I meant!



On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.



I'm not quite sure what's going on here, but I think Cookie Monster ate a pug.



I know it's not really a costume but apparently this must be an angry dog who doesn't want to be pet. Maybe he's angry because he has to wear a stupid sign that says "Do Not Pet Me".



Dr. Zaius?



Ah yes, the perfect costume for your three-legged best friend.
(Actually, the hook is a paper tube that the dog's paw goes into. It's been Photoshopped to look like a real hook, so don't get all sad and weepy, he has all four of his legs. How do I know? I'm the one who Photoshopped it. Click here for the original picture.)



Shalom. Hey, is that weiner kosher?



Um, wow.....just.....wow.


One night I was at a friend's house and hey had a cat that had most of its fur shaved off except for the fur on it's head, paws, and tip of its tail. It's called a "lion cut". The poor cat looked miserable. Here's a few that I found.







I think cats with the lion cut are in a constant state of being pissed off.



This one is so angry, he's about to destroy his owners with his laser beams.


Lastly we'll look at another thing people are doing to cats, painting them.



Aztec cat says, "The world may not end until 2012, but my owners are about to meet their end right now!"



This is what happens to cats when their owners' get drunk at Mardi Gras. Friends don't let friends paint drunk.



You'd think cats would get annoyed by getting painted all over their fur but this one seems pretty happy about it.



WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! That is so WRONG!






But...




...it's not as wrong as this...







Honestly, what was the thought process behind this. "Hmm, when I look at my cat's
back side it kind of reminds me of Charlie Chaplin dressed up like a clown. I'm gonna go and get it painted like that!"


Maybe I should start calling Friday's WTFFF (What The Freakin' Funny Friday). I don't know why people would want to do these kinds of things to their pets. Maybe it's boredom, punishment, or maybe they need a med check, but I think one day the pets will finally have their revenge.



1 comment:

  1. Wow. Some of those are crazy! I can't imagine that a fish actually wants to go for a walk. :-) I love some of those pet costumes.

    ReplyDelete