Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: Story Time Tuesday ~ Bottled Skunk

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Story Time Tuesday ~ Bottled Skunk


It's time for another Story Time Tuesday. This one is a real stinker, let's get started!

Today I'm going to take you way way back to the early 90's. I was thirteen and I had a paper route. It would be the first of many jobs I would have growing up. One day as I was delivering my last few papers I saw a skunk walking along the side of the road. I think this was the first time I had actually seen a skunk up close, or at least one that was alive and not squashed in the middle of the road. I thought it was kind of odd for a skunk to be walking down the street in the middle of the afternoon.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed the skunk had a vitamin bottle stuck on its head (He must have been trying to get his daily supplements). I watched the skunk as it walked along the side of the road clunking its head against the curb as it walked, *CLUNK* *CLUNK*, it looked so pathetic. I felt bad for the skunk as it kept trying to push the bottle off its head with its paws. I remember thinking to myself, "Oh God, please don't let me be the one to get the bottle off this skunk's head."

I couldn't just leave the poor thing. So I stood in front of the skunk, which is probably where you want to be if you're anywhere near a skunk. I reached down and grabbed the bottle and before I could even pull the bottle off the skunk's head, it pulled it's own head out, it kind of surprised me. I was just kind of standing there in awe and the skunk seemed a little disoriented. Then we locked eyes and time seemed to stand still as we just stared at each other.

Next thing I remember is that skunk's tail sticking straight up, so I turned my tail and ran. It chased me for a few feet and then started to walk away. I stopped to look back at it. Then it looked back at me and gave me a wink as if it we're saying, "Thanks, man. You're a real life saver." Okay, it didn't really wink, but it did look back at me and then continued on its way.

I know most of you who read this are probably disappointed that I didn't get sprayed, but I do have another skunk story for next week in which I may or may not get sprayed. You'll just have to wait and see. If any of you have ever had a close encounter of the stinky kind, leave a comment. Come back tomorrow for Artsy Fartsy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment