Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: *Blogity-blah-blah-update*

Monday, November 9, 2009

*Blogity-blah-blah-update*

I've got a quick update for everyone. I proposed to April this past Friday and she said yes! Of course I was pretty sure she would considering we had already started making wedding plans. So here's how it went down. Weeks before I proposed to her I asked her if she wanted to be proposed to in a traditional way or more of a unique way. She said she wanted to be surprised, which of course meant she wanted me to be clever.

That's the answer I wanted to hear. It was time for the gears to start turning in my head.
April had gone online and showed me the different rings that she liked so I had a good idea of what to get her. But being unemployed, I wasn't sure how I was going to afford one. I eventually figured I would just have to put it on my credit card, so I did. But in the meantime I kept April thinking that I had no idea how I was going to get her a ring anytime soon.

As far as how to present her the ring in a creative way, I had to come up with something clever. For some reason the movie "The Ring" popped into my head. I thought I would just put the engagement ring in the DVD case, but it needed more. I pulled the movie off my shelf and noticed that there's a little tag-line that goes along with the title of the movie. It doesn't just say "The Ring" It says, in small print "Before you die you see..." and then in large print "The Ring". Well, that was a little unsettling, I thought to myself "Eh, maybe she won't see it", but what if she did, it would be kind of creepy. It is a horror movie after all. But it has the perfect title, "The Ring".

So after thinking about it, I decided to write the words "say yes" on a piece of paper and tape it on the DVD cover over the word "die". So then it would say "Before you say yes, you see the ring". To make sure the engagement ring would stay in place inside the DVD box, I used double-sided tape and pressed the ring down onto it so

I made reservations at the restaurant where we had our first date, the Bullfrog Brewery in Williamsport, PA. After we had finished eating I told April I had to run out to the car for a minute. I came back with the DVD box wrapped in wrapping paper. I pulled it out of my coat and said "I got you a little present". She said "What is it, it looks like a movie. She opened it and said "It is a movie". She was a little confused because she's not a big movie watcher and The Ring is probably not a movie she would own. But then she noticed the tag-line that read "Before you say yes, you see the ring". I think it confused her even more, but I think she was getting the idea. She looked at me as if she were expecting me to pull a ring out of my pocket and propose to her. But I just stared back with a smile on my face. Then she finally opened the DVD box and saw the ring. I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me.

The ring was even a perfect fit, I didn't even have it sized or anything. When I told her where I got the ring, she told me it was a good place and the owner of the store volunteers for hospice, and April is a hospice nurse. I had no idea! It was such a perfect evening and a memory we'll be able to hold on to forever

No comments:

Post a Comment