Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: A Trip to the Big  : Day One

Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Trip to the Big  : Day One

So here I am in the Big . Well, actually, I'm in Secaucus, NJ because that's where our hotel is. See, here it is:



I'm here with my mom and my sister. We had a pretty good trip in, except for when we switched from looking at the Mapquest directions and starting using my sister's GPS. Somehow we ended up in some ghetto in New Jersey. We were sitting at a red light and the street sign said Dr. MLK Ave. which of course stands for Dr. Martin Luther King Ave. But my sister didn't know that at first. She said something like "Who's Dr. Milk?" and with my quick wit, I replied "He's the guy who started his famous speech with the phrase 'I have some cream'". Yes, I know, I'm hilarious.

We arrived at LaQuinta and our room is on the top floor. We were upgraded to a nice suite, it's sweet! Here are some pics of our room:


Our living room...



...another shot of the living room area...



...the bedroom and my sister relaxing before heading into the city...



...the bathroom...



...and the view from our room.


Then I had some fun with the mirrors on the closet door:



It was a long trip and I was a little tired, okay?!


After we checked in and rested up a little we hopped on the bus, went through the Lincoln Tunnel and went into the city. Our first stop was the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant for dinner:





I won a free t-shirt at there for answering a trivia question. The question was "What was the name of Forrest Gump's boat?" I was the first one to shout "Jenny!" After dinner we went to the huge 3-story Kids-R-Us to look at all the toys we're all too old to play with. They even have a Ferris wheel in there:




...and a Lego Statue of Liberty...



...and a T-Rex...



...and Steph made a new friend.



We walked around the city for a little while more before getting on back on the bus and here's some of the sights we saw:



Radio City Music Hall, which is where we're going tomorrow to see a show.



A fountain near Radio City Music Hall



My mom and Steph in front of the fountain, kind of blurry.



The New York Times building...



...and the rest of the New York Times Building.


So we went back to the bus station to ride back to the hotel, but as we tried boarding the bus driver said we needed a ticket and we couldn't pay cash, which is weird since we paid cash when we got on the bus earlier. We had to go get some bus tickets and then find another gate to catch another bus because the gate we originally went to closed after the bus we couldn't board left. It was a real hassle, but at least we know now.

When we arrived back to our hotel room, Steph decided to go downstairs to look around and because I was tired and delirious I decided to dress up her stuffed koala bear she brought to use as a pillow:


I used her gloves, scarf, vest, shoes, and a bag of pistachios. Then I put my sunglasses on it but that was after I took this picture.


And now it's time to go to bed, good night. I'll have more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment