Custom Search
Blogity-blah-blah-blog: Artsy Fartsy Wednesday ~ Ad it up

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Artsy Fartsy Wednesday ~ Ad it up



I don't have a particular artist in mind for today's post. I found some clever designs and ads though that I'd like to share with you today. As a graphic designer, I find these designs and ads to be very inspirational. These particular pieces make use of their surroundings in creative ways. These designs incorporate things like buses, lamp posts, benches, mirrors, elevators, and even grass. Here's what I'm talking about.







Those first two were pretty clever, but it gets better than that.




As if flexi-straws weren't fun enough.




This is a sign for Benjamin Moore Paints. Under that it says "We'll match it." At first I thought this picture was taken at just the right angle to show how the sign matched the sky. Then I realized the sign is an open frame. Duh.



Very clever Hoover ad. I think Hoover vacuum cleaners really suck. If you think about it, that's a compliment. *Rimshot*




This reminds me of the scene in the movie "Roxanne" where Steve Martin was holding up cards with different noses on them when he was thinking about getting a nose job. I wonder if that's where they got the idea for this cup.





How much did they pay that guy to ride in the trunk of a taxi with his hand hanging out of the back? (Yes, I know it's a fake arm, sheesh!)





Gimme a break, gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that...uh, bench?





See, they've made the stripe with Mr. Clean on it whiter than the others, and below is a look at the same thing from a different angle:




HA! Sorry, I couldn't resist.


Here are some interesting ads and designs on buses:




Ready to quit?



Those are fun.



Just when you thought it was safe to get back on the bus. The next two are just bizarre and creepy.



Bizarre.



Creepy.


These last three are some of the most creative ads I've ever seen.



Excellent!



Brilliant!!



Superb!!!

See how the glass of milk is on the elevator enclosement and the Oreo cookie is on the elevator. When the elevator comes down it looks like it's dunking the Oreo in the milk!


I would love to have a job where I was allowed to be this creative. Maybe someday, Maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment